I've been doing a lot of thinking about my roots lately, and I kinda realized, Ancestry is kind of a mind fuck. Think about it, guaranteed, you had two biological parents. That's a fact. There's no other way you got here other than the loins of you parents. Same goes for them. Now trace back. So you know your major ethnicity, but what about even before that. Remember, everyone had parents. Keep tracing, and really it goes back until the dawn of man, and then even before that. SO FUCKING CRAZY.
Part Deux of my thinking: Allllllll of that, born out of all of that chaos comes a person. A unique person, with a consciousness all their own, made up of the genes of their ancestors. Any misstep or difference in mating habits in the bloodline results in a completely different person. Your unique mother mated with your unique father to create you. Same goes for them. So much chaos.
I want to trace my bloodline as far as it goes.
Oh, I live in Berea now, siiiiiiiick.
I'll talk to you.
For real.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Ancestry
Posted by Mikey Poe at 12:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i like all of this except the you living in berea part.
You're fleeing the country though...even?
Post a Comment