I'll talk to you.

For real.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shades

So I've come to a few realizations with help of some friends in the past fews days, some tragic and some hopeful.

The first is a big one, I think that unless you are super talented at something, like music or a sport, you have two options:

1. Work ridiculously hard and devote your entire life to working and becoming successful, all the while being almost miserable doing so.

-OR-

2. Float through life living day to day, hoping that the pieces will eventually fall together with a little perseverance and some luck, but also being happy with life, if you can block out the oh so real possibility of failure.

The second option is basically hoping to win the lotto in the long run.

The second realization is: On the grander scale of things, speaking as in the universe, everyday life such as work, is utterly meaningless. We move day to day not thinking about how utterly insignificant our existence is.

Alas in this truth there is some hope, that since we are so small on the scale of the universe, we should find the things that make us the happiest and cherish them. Just find the things that fill us with joy. Find your "Banana Ice Cream." Affect the lives of others, and goddammit just be happy to be alive. Don't get caught up in the stupid day to day grind. We worry so much about making money and being a part of the system that we forget it's the people and the experiences we have in our life that matter. Not how big our house is, and not how many cars we have.

I had an awesome bike ride tonight, went real far. I'm happy right now, and I think I've really found a lot of people I like to be around. Bye for now

1 comments:

timleo said...

Don't get caught up in the stupid day to day grind. We worry so much about making money and being a part of the system that we forget it's the people and the experiences we have in our life that matter. Not how big our house is, and not how many cars we have.

I hear yah on that one mah dood.