I'll talk to you.

For real.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

To live, to write, to smile, 200.

Well this is my two hundredth post. It's quite funny that the most consistent thing in my life for the past two years has been this blog. I've always wrote in it here and there and I've gotten people to start blogging themselves. It's cathartic to be able to empty your mind of all thoughts onto a webpage. It works.

When I started the blog, I lived in Mansfield, since then, I've lived in three different places, and have gone to school at three different campuses. My friends were always quite consistent, but I've definitely grown my network substantially.

Growth, I've done so much of it during this blog, it's astounding. I've found myself as a person. I'm set in my ideals and I can take a personal inventory and be genuinely happy with the results. At 20 years old, I finally feel like I'm taking the last steps into adulthood. I've found my passion, and I plan on pursuing a career in History and in Politics. It's my appreciation of the past and my love of people that will continue to drive me through the rest of my life.

Love, I think I've only known it once in my life. And I still know it. I don't dwell on it. I'm happy right now.

Speaking of dwelling, this year has been a fantastic year for my personal philosophy. I no longer just allow the world to take place around me. I act. I do. I take control. It's not worth it to just sit in your head and worry about everything so much. It'll drive you insane and toss you into depression. This comic speaks volumes to what I'm getting at.Dreams

Always move forward. Find that single thing or person that makes you happy and cherish them. Appreciate the goddamn beautiful things in life, it's not hard. Stop to smell the roses, because as long as you can be satisfied with the person you are, nothing else matters. You need not stress so hard over how much money your job is gonna pay, or what people are going to think of you. That's an easy way to miss out on the good stuff.

If I do attract any new readers, please read some of the archived stuff. Some of it's good, and it's just a way to know me.

Bye till tomorrow. No shave November is on the horizon.

1 comments:

Mando. said...

i haven't heard the phrase "stop to smell the roses" in a long time. but i like it. but, do roses smell good? i guess i must have smelled a rose before but other flowers seem more fragrant. like lilacs. stop to smell the lilacs.