I'll talk to you.

For real.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Rapture.

EVENTFUL WEEKEND. A lot. So I came home on Wednesday because The Warthog (My jeep playfully nicknamed after a Halo vehicle) almost took a big old dump on me. Battery died. Finally got it jumped. Packed up my stuff because I was afraid my alternator was going, get out to my car, its stuck in my parking spot. Completely iced. I tried pushing it myself, and just when I was about to lose it, two guys with shovels get out of their car and help me. Thank you so much Ricardo and Chuck from a latino christian group. Thats the way the world should be, I was so upset that my damn car was stuck, but they came and helped me with a random act of kindness. It was great, and I'm going to try and pay it forward. I got to lounge around Parma on Thursday and Friday, then Saturday was Kristina's birthday dinner. I heart Olive Garden, but more importantly I met a lot of cool people. (And it was good to see you too Ms. Baric, we should do it more often =)) Then I went to Denny's with Moreween. Ritual. Gah that night. Sunday was Valentine's Day, went to Olive Garden again, nomnomnom. Tia bought me Bioshock 2, and we had a nice night.

Ok Tim, Supergroup time:

Drums: Atom Willard, he was in the Offspring for a while, but I really got most of my listening in from Angels and Airwaves. And I know Adam is gonna be a bitch and yell at me about Angels and Airwaves, how they suck or whatever, and how Tom DeLonge is a tool or whatever, but honestly he's a talented drummer, and their songs are just so fun to listen to.

Drums(Second Choice): Dave Grohl, I'm a big Dave Grohl junkie, songwriting mostly, but even though I'm really not a fan of Nirvana, his most recent project Them Crooked Vultures, has him back on the drums. Its good stuff. And Dave will probably show up on this list again.

Vocals: Dave Grohl (Unless he was on drums) He has the ability to force out lyrics that are teeming with emotion. He can sing soft (Friend of a Friend, Big Me). Forceful (Monkey Wrench, Best of You, Hell, Free Me) and the best part of having him in a band: He really can play anything, and is a great songwriter. Plus "Everlong" is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Guitar: Claudio Sanchez. I like his vocals, but I don't wanna seem so indecisive, plus Claudio would personally melt my face if I didn't include him. His solos are intricate, and I air guitar almost everyone of Coheed's songs. Plus he's a great songwriter, and also have a wide range in vocals. Plus, I met him! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30662313&op=5&o=global&view=global&subj=1015746001&id=1015746001

Bass: Ehhhh, Adam Drown? Fine John Campbell from Lamb of God. I think he would add a heavier feel to this band.

Another Guitar: Eric Clapton. I think that its obvious he is one of the greatest guitar players of all time. I can listen to his greatest hits over and over, and the best part is how smooth he is. His play style is so clean and I can get wrapped up in the southern rock solos.

Backup Vocals: Rivers Cuomo from Weezer, I just want him somewhere in my supergroup. Also Ted from the Worthless Peons.

I think if all these people would assemble in one room, the earth would crack down the middle and open up rock heaven and everyone would live there forever. Or not.

Sidenote: I feel like I know way too much about primates to be a history major right now. Anthropolgy <3.

Thats it for now, I feel that these upcoming months are going to be vital to the rest of my life. Imminent. I dunno

Later budz.

2 comments:

timleo said...

What nice guys those dudes were. I really appreciate stuff like that. I've heard some cool stories about people paying it forward.

Dave Grohl definitely is a talented man. He does have a good voice, and he used to play drums in Queens of the Stone Age for at least a short period of time on top of Nirvana. I had heard of that new band, but I didn't know that he was in it. I'll check it out.

I saw that picture before when I still had a Facebook that you met him. That's pretty neat, mah friend.

Definitely good choice on the Clap. He's definitely an amazing guitarist.

Mikey Poe said...

Tim, I wish I had comment notifications, because I missed this one. Check out new postz!