I'll talk to you.

For real.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Leo Leo

Well I wasn't going to participate in the super show idea created by Mr. Tim Leo, but I thought about it on the way to the bus today, and I decided to throw a few down.

Opener: Andrew Jackson Jihad. Folk punk is something I was turned on to by my friend Kristina. She gave me some Defiance, Ohio and I did some exploration from there, and I think Jihad is my favorite. They seem to be a little more politically subtle then Defiance, Ohio (check out "New World Order" by Defiance and you'll see what I mean) which I like. Its mostly acoustic with some drum beats, and a kazoo a one point, its all good, and their lyrics deep and often laced with metaphors and double meanings. I like.

Act 2: I really want to see a Foo Fighters Skin and Bones concert, which may never happen because the band is currently on an indefinate hiatus. The show is much smaller than their normal shows, and tend to be a lot more intimate. Kinda what the unplugged album was to Nirvana, coincidence? Probably not. This includes a lot of storytelling in between sets, and the band actually talking with the audience. Almost one hundred percent acoustic, some of their "deep" songs end with full orchestra, and it just sounds so damn good. Skin and Bones Everlong.

Act 3: Tim, I have to steal one of yours, Four Year Strong. I just started listening to them this summer when Pobega played "Bada Bing wit' a pipe" and I can not get over them. I could listen to Rise or Die Trying over and over. This band just pours out energy, and I'm pretty sure I air drum every song. Even while driving. I had a chance to see them last July, but I didn't go because Shane was coming up from Florida the same night. I hope they come back soon.

Act 4: Coheed and Cambria. I've been hooked on this band since I first heard A Favor House Atlantic, but it wasn't until recently that I really got into the story behind their music. It dabbles in the pure insanity of the humans, and what power love has to change anything, for the good or bad, all the while maintaining a "Star Wars Epic" feel. Definitely at the forefront of progressive rock.

Finale: And if anyone who knows couldn't guess this: Weezer. I've yet to see them live, I almost did with Blink, but with the tour being rescheduled, it was a no go. Their music has a personality to me, and I'm in love with it. From the eerily depressing Say it ain't so, to something upbeat like Dopenose. There is a little something for everyone.

Some runner-ups: Radiohead, Kings of Leon(the older stuff the sorority girls don't like), ADTR, Iron Maiden (saw them at Blossom once, let me tell you, these guys rock a lot harder then most people their age), Eminem (I've listened to him for so long, I wonder what a show with him would be like), John Williams (Composer behind the music of Star Wars, and I missed him at the Q because I was in school, LAME)

Well thats about that. New posts soon.

0 comments: