My film class finally kicked into gear, and we watched a classic, "Bicycle Thief". It was made in 1948 and it was one of the first pieces of Italian Cinema after the war. Its a simple plot, but its a wonderful film, if you keep your mind open and let yourself go into the film. Most people in the class did not. They panned it for the less than great acting and "overly simple plot." I'm sure. The story is much deeper than that, its about struggling to keep your family alive and out of poverty during a rough time, all the while trying to face a theft and keep your morals. People in the class were way too quick to judge this movie, and they made themselves look like an idiot to all the people who could appreciate. The movie also had the historical significance (lol History Major), of being one of the first movies after the war to make film an art form again, not just military propaganda. The Bicycle Thief is as tasteful as it is complex. I'm going to love this class.
I'll talk to you.
For real.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I saw Bicycle Thief my freshman year for Intro to Film. It is pretty neat.
Post a Comment