I'll talk to you.

For real.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Clarity.

As I was walking home about 15 minutes ago from film class, with my delicious lunch in hand, a thought popped in my head. Why would I transfer schools? What are the real reasons? The only one I could feel comfortable saying was that I miss my brother. And I come home often enough, so its really not a problem. Then from there I had a sort of mental chain reaction where everything became so clear. Why not use my love of history to teach my way through law school? Finally something that I can aim for, and finally relieving the stress of not really knowing what I'm doing. I was never sure what I wanted to do, other than get into politics. And I think this might be the way to do it. Meet people teaching, meet them in law school, get active in the community, then bam, politics. Who knows. So I think I'm gonna stay at OSU, as long as I can keep justifying it in my head. And figure out if it really feels right in my heart. Is staying here, and deciding, and by deciding, relieving the stress, just the easy way out? Or if I persevere through the transfer process, will the reward be greater spiritually, and possibly financially? I dunno, but what I do know is that now that I've laid it all out, I'm back in control. And damn it feels good.

Sidenote: I feel that about 80 percent of the students in my film class will never open their mind and really search for what the film is trying to do. They think that they are making intelligent comments on lighting, when the Dogme 95 films specifically use natural lighting. If they'd read, they would know these sorts of things. They'd also have a better chance of understanding the plot, and getting invested in the rich characters. Pedestrians

Welllllll, thats all for today, gotta eat and then go PAWMP. Seeyaaaaaa

0 comments: