I'll talk to you.

For real.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Eleven Stories

I heard about a campus reading room the other day in my historical thought class, so I went today to check it out. Its at the top of the Thompson Library, and the view is spectacular. Definitely going to be spending a lot of my time up here from now on. Its just so peaceful, I almost feel bad for typing, and disturbing the silence. Beautiful.

My weekend was alright to start, but late Saturday night it took a definite downturn. First let me start by saying, I definitely accept the fact that I have much more of a life in Parma than I do in Columbus. I know so many people, and all my closest friends live in Parma, that its hard to stay in Columbus, when I don't know many people or have much to do. Well anyway, Megan had her party, and I got really drunk with a bunch of good friends Saturday night. The night was just about over, when I made an off the cuff comment about all I needed right now was xbox and sex, to my buddy Mitch. My girlfriend flipped shit. We sat and argued about our relationship on Megan's couch for a solid three hours. She talks about our sex life to everyone she works with, why can't I MAKE A JOKE about it with friends. Its all so immature, and it really turns me off of her. A lot.

Tia, I don't know if you read this, but we've talked, and you already know how I feel about this weekend. Take it as you will. I really can't stand it when you project your insecurities onto our relationship.

That brings me to something else, thats kind of a response to KB's post about love and happiness. While I agree that being happy with yourself is a major part of happiness, I'm a firm believer that its the people around you that affect how much you love life, and while you may not NEED other people to survive emotionally, they are a huge part of overall happiness. I'm extremely satisfied with myself right now, I go to school, I don't have many bills, I enjoy my friends, and I have the support of a loving family. But that doesn't mean I'm able to keep myself happy. To me, utter happiness would be all of those things, plus someone I could love. Someone that was happy with herself, and loved me, for the same reasons I loved myself. Its really a big reciprocating circle of love and appreciation. Thats a tough fit.

Gah thats a lot of philosophy. I'll just throwback to one of my favorite movies to sum it up. Into the Wild, Christopher McCandless.

"Happiness is only real when shared"

Its all about other people, we're a social beast. BEAST

P.S. Kb, if I somehow misinterpreted what you said, lemme know yo.

0 comments: