I'll talk to you.

For real.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Purple Sky

For once, the title explanation will go at the end.

I watched Capitalism: A Love Story again today, cuz I got it for my birthday. I have to say, nothing wrong with a democratic socialist state. By the people, for the people. Whats the big deal? There isn't one. Let me highlight Democratic .

Next point, I'm in a rhetorical analysis class for my second English at the grand, super, awesome, perfect, and overpriced, Ohio State University, and this class has a documentary film focus. Our final will producing our own documentary, and at first I was scared, but now...I haz teh ideaz. I'm going to make a documentary about P-town's failing school district, and why is it that our levies get shot down, and why exactly the new office was built. Probably everyone who reads this is from Parma (sadface), so if you want to give some input, or maybe be a movie star with a super awesome interview about your experiences in the troubled district, hit me up y'all. (I guess "y'all" is a proper contraction, because my spellcheck doesn't have a problem with it, haha)

Two more sections. I was driving Tia home tonight after we watched Capitalism, and she asked me a good question for a relationship. What is your life goal? I sat there for a second, then it hit me, I said, just to be happy. I was thinking about going into by saying, I want to be a certain sort of happy, that kind where you just wake up and know that today, tomorrow, and next year are all gonna be good. But then she threw my answer out the window by saying, well what about career wise? Just by her reaction I knew she meant how much money by when. Shouldn't you apply my answer to your career? Go to school, get smart, get career, get money, die anyway. Why not die happy? My end goal of my education should be happiness, not wealth. She did also say she wanted to work at the CDC, which I admire. Thats giving back, and an answer I can live with.

Finally, I had an awesome experience today. I was golfing with a buddy when shitstorm-thunder-n-lightning-pocalypse hit today. Not good. We started running for an underpass to hide from the elements and he was way ahead of me. As I'm booking across a little bridge, I hear a deafening strike (srsly, my ears were ringing) and the entire sky lit up purple. Some of the trees I was running through got struck by lightning. Biggest rush of my life, to be completely in awe of the amazing power of the rain and lightning. I was completely drenched, and I felt fantastic. I was giddy with adrenaline.

Well thats all for now, talk to me if you want to say something in my viDoc. I wanna make a splash.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can help out, sure! I can see the name title already...

Michael Polk
- Senior Advisory Board Tresurer, Circa 2007-2008

That's on the official.